A unique twist on a classic girl scout cookie that every one loves! You must try this simple Samoa Bars Recipe! You can’t eat just one!
It’s baking season!!! It’s baking season! I LOVE cranking on the oven and making some yummy treats for the family! It is even more fun when they come in begging for more. This Samoa Bars Recipe will have them doing just that. You can’t eat just one!
Like the popular Girl Scout Cookie these bars are full of caramel, coconut, chocolate with a cookie crunch that will put a smile on anyones face. I mean anyones! Really, bake them and spread the love!
These are a must on those Christmas Cookie trays this year! If they make it that far!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup caramel bits
- 1 can (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together the butter, flour, sugar, and salt. When the mixture makes a ball in your hands when you pat it together, it's ready.
- Place a piece of tin foil in a 9x13 pan and spray the foil with a non-stick spray.
- Firmly pat the shortbread crust down into the bottom of the pan as evenly as possible. Bake the crust for 13 minutes and then remove from the oven.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips, coconut, and caramel bits over the top of the crust.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the top as evenly as possible.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes or until the top begins to become golden brown.
- Cool, cut, and store any extras in the fridge!
- You do need the caramel bits for this recipe, the regular caramels tend to harden back up after a day and make them harder to eat. To make the sweetened condensed milk easier to pour, place it in a microwave-safe container and microwave for about 30 seconds before pouring on.