This post is sponsored by Prego®. All recipes, stories, opinions, etc. are 100% my own.
I am scattered! My brain runs in fifteen different directions all day every day. I guess that is what happens when you are a mom. Even with the best intentions sometimes I need something quick and easy to make for dinner in a flash! These Simple Alfredo Pizza Pockets wowed my family and they only took a few ingredients and a few minutes to make.
When dinner sneaks up on me, all I can do is blame myself for not being better prepared. Then I pray that the kids have left some food in the fridge. Lucky for me, this jar of Prego Homestyle Alfredo Pasta sauce was safe in the pantry. I am not sure how the kids didn’t spot it yet. They love making their own pasta now that they are older. I also found some canned pizza dough, sausage, bell peppers, and cheese in the fridge. PERFECT!
I opened the pizza dough and rolled it out. I cut it into four equal”ish” pieces.
Each rectangle got topped with a couple spoonfuls of Prego Alfredo sauce, a spoonful of sausage crumbles some bell pepper, and last but not least a piece of fresh mozzarella cheese. The Prego is so creamy and smells amazing, just like a homemade sauce! You can totally use mozzarella cheese shreds, but the fresh kind is what I had on hand.
Fold over your pizza dough and seal off the edges with a fork. Make sure you pinch them together well, or the cheese and sauce will try to sneak out.
Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. I brushed the top of mine with olive oil and baked at 425 degrees for about 14 minutes or until golden brown.
100% honest mom moment. I may have gotten busy helping kids with homework and left my pockets in the oven a little too long, but even busy moms have to make dinner. They were still delicious!
Serve these amazing Simple Alfredo Pizza Pockets with a little extra Prego Alfredo Sauce! YUM!
Simple Alfredo Pizza Pockets
- 1 Roll of refrigerator Pizza dough
- 1 - 22oz Jar Prego Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/2 cup browned Italian sausage
- 2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Roll out pizza dough and cut it into four equal pieces.
- Place 2 tbsp Prego Alfredo Sauce on each rectangle of dough. Top with a spoonful of sausage, some bell pepper, and as much shredded mozzarella cheese as you desire. Fold the dough over and pinch it together with a fork to form a pocket.
- Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and bake for 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with some extra alfredo sauce for dipping.