This Drop Sugar Cookies recipe is my go to sugar cookies at my house! I love this recipe because not only is it super simple, but it can be modified to make it gluten free, or dairy free if need be. The best part is you aren’t sacrificing taste or flavor by doing it!
My kids and hubby gobble these up every time I make them. This recipe is a keeper!
Drop Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter or margarine (1 stick), softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
- In the mixer beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. (This will take a few minutes on high)
- Beat in egg and vanilla until blended.
- Reduce speed to low and beat in flour mixture just until combined, scraping the bowl with a spatula.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoons, 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until just brown around the edges.
- Cool and serve!
- Makes about 21 cookies depending on the size.
- Substitute a gluten-free baking mix & gluten free vanilla
- Use a dairy free margarine or coconut oil.