Mother’s Day is this weekend, and my kids have already started asking me what I want. I love putting my feet up in the morning and enjoying my cup of coffee and a nice piece of coffee cake on the front porch. There is a nest of baby birds in the palm tree in the front yard. It is so sweet to watch the Mother and Father bird come back and forth to feed them. Needless to say, between the kids and the dogs, my quiet moments on the front porch are few and far between.
I thought I would give the family a push in the right direction. I whipped up this Sour Cream Coffee Cake this evening. It is so easy you won’t believe it, and it tastes unforgettable! It is so moist and flavorful. The smell of cinnamon is intoxicating. If you are looking to surprise someone with a special treat this is it. You may also want to print out the recipe and leave it on the kitchen counter with the ingredients. Hint. Hint.
Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Yield 8 -10
- 1 boxed Yellow Cake Mix (or homemade yellow cake mix)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp All Purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl mix together, cake mix, eggs, butter, sour cream, and vanilla. Use a stand or hand mixer on high until thoroughly blended.
- In a small bowl mix together the topping/filling.
- Grease and flour a 9 inch square cake pan.
- Spoon half of the cake mix into the cake pan.Smooth out with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle the cake with 1/2 of the topping mixture.
- Spoon the other half of the cake mix in the cake pan and finish by sprinkling the last half of the topping mixture.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Courses Breakfast, Dessert