We have been traveling for the last couple days, so I am behind in my grocery shopping, cleaning, cooking, just life in general. I knew it was that time of the week for another recipe, and of course my husband had an opinion. Bacon….make something with bacon. OK, hon…I need more than bacon. LOL
So as we are rolling down the interstate the ideas are flying, there were some funny ones along with serious ones. These Spinach Bacon Quesadillas were a serious one…as seriously delicious one!
Since we are traveling I snagged this pic and recipe from Sprinkled With Flour. I am ready to make these for lunch tomorrow! YUM!
Spinach Bacon Quesadilla
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp
- In a frying pan over medium heat, cook your bacon until crisp, drain on paper towel and set aside.
- Mix together the cream cheese and cheddar cheese in a small bowl. Microwave on low in 10 second increments until the cheese mixture is smooth.
- In a small pan, add about a couple teaspoons of water. Place the spinach in the pan and cook over medium heat just until the spinach starts to wilt. Remove spinach and set aside.
- Take a tortilla and spread half of it with the cream cheese spread. Layer some spinach and a slice of bacon (broken into pieces) over the cheese spread. Sprinkle additional grated cheddar cheese on top, fold the tortilla in half and place in a hot frying pan or on a hot griddle. Cook each side about 10-15 seconds, or until it starts to get crispy and slightly blackened. Be careful, it will burn easily.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or salsa.
Use corn tortillas for gluten free!
Courses Appetizer, lunch