There is nothing like enjoying one of these Strawberry Doughnuts for a special treat! This simple recipe is a keeper and can be made gluten free and dairy free too!
If you have followed this blog for any time at all you know I have a weakness for all things strawberry. A few examples would be Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls, Strawberry Upside Down Cake, Skinny Strawberry Shake.…I mean, I can continue. There are a ton of delicious strawberry recipes on A Few Short Cuts and these Strawberry Doughnuts should fit in just fine. 😉
I got this handy dandy doughnut pan a couple years ago from Amazon. Since I do a lot of gluten-free baking it was the only way to really enjoy easy homemade doughnuts. This thing has been used a TON! In fact, I bought a second one. If you don’t have one, you should!
These Strawberry doughnuts are super easy to make! The batter takes only minutes to whip together. I then just spooned it into the greased doughnut pan and baked. They are so beautiful when they are done they almost don’t need a glaze…ALMOST.
In a small bowl and whisked together some strawberry puree, powdered sugar, and a dab of milk. The glaze is FABULOUS! You want it a little on the thick side so it will really stick to the doughnuts. Oh My!
In the grand scheme of things, I am not really sure how you get anything better than this. Y’all these win the internet today. They are soft, cakey, strawberry coated, little cakes of happiness.
Strawberry Doughnuts Recipe
There is nothing like enjoying one of these Strawberry Glazed Doughnuts for a special treat! This simple recipe is a keeper and can be made gluten free and dairy free too!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup finely chopped strawberries
- zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup strawberry puree
- 1 tbsp milk +/-
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease doughnut pan. This is easiest with some type of cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt, make a well in center of mixture and set aside. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together milk, vegetable oil, lemon and eggs (mixture may appear to curdle a bit which is fine), then pour into well in flour.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir mixture just until combined, then fold in 2/3 cup finely chopped strawberries.
- Spoon batter into each well in the doughnut pan until it is about 2/3 of the way full. Bake in preheated oven 11 - 13 minutes until toothpick inserted into center of doughnut comes out clean.
- Allow to cool several minutes in doughnut pan then invert onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Once cool dip top halves of doughnuts into glaze and allow some of excess to run off, then return to wire rack, glazed side facing upward. In a hurry? You can transfer doughnuts to freezer to allow glaze to set, about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl whisk together the sugar, strawberry puree, and milk. Add more milk if necessary to get to the desired consistency. If you find your glaze to be too runny you can add a little more sugar to thicken it up.
- Use your favorite gluten free flour mix. I used Gluten Free Bisquick and it worked great.
- Use a milk substitute such as almond, soy, etc.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @afewshortcuts on Instagram and hashtag it #afewshortcuts.