Sweet Summer Simplicity. I think that sums up this recipe to a “T.” Summertime is a great time to enjoy life. Take it slow, simple, and savor the little things. The garden is growing, and fresh fruits and veggies are all around. I know the farmers market finally kicked off here this week.
The adjusting to life in Iowa has been harder on me than I imagined. I miss my beach, my garden, my sunshine. While the sun seems to be making more frequent appearances, my garden is just in its infant stages. I was hoping to have some tomatoes by now. But it will still be awhile. Until then, I will snag some of the red beauties at the grocery store.
If your garden is overflowing with juicy red tomatoes, try this recipe on for size. It is straightforward and delicious. Great as a side dish, with pasta, couscous, or just alone as a snack.
Roasted Grape Tomatoes
These simple organic ingredients come together for a sweet and tangy side dish.
- 4 cups grape tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl add the grape tomatoes and 3 garlic cloves. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper.
- In a 9 by 13-inch glass baking dish, place the tomatoes and garlic cloves, make sure they are in just 1 layer.
- Roast for 20 minutes, and then stir. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of hot water, if too dry in appearance. Return to the oven and cook for 20 to 30 more minutes.
- When ready, the tomatoes will have begun to shrivel, and the liquid in the dish should have thickened. Serve hot from oven.
Courses Appetizer, side dish, Gluten Free, Dairy Free