After Halloween we still have a houseful of candy. Typically it is from the kids trick or treating stash, but this year it was cold and a school night. We barely had any trick or treaters Halloween night. I may have gone overboard on the candy buying and had a HUGE bowl of tootsie rolls just sitting by my front door starring at me. So I hit my cook book shelf. Yes, I know I could have hit pinterest and found something quickly, but there is something about old church cookbooks that can’t be beat! I came across this recipe for Tootsie Roll Fudge. I will admit I was skeptical making it up until I cut it into bites. It is very thick, and called for a bit more sugar than I wanted to use. But it is FUDGE, it isn’t really supposed to be healthy. ~giggle~
I was very pleasently surprised with the end result. The fudge is amazingly good! You can still taste the tootsie roll a bit, but it has that classic fudge consistency with a hint of peanut butter. Hubby said I need to hide it from him, so I am guessing that means it was a hit.
Looking for another easy fudge recipe? Check out this Strawberry Fudge.
Tootsie Roll Fudge
This is a must try for any tootsie roll lover. Super easy to make and great for gift giving.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups Tootsie Roll Midgees
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped Pecans
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt the Tootsie Rolls, peanut butter and remaining butter over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Gradually stir in the confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla (mixture will be very thick). Fold in pecans.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Cool. Using foil, remove fudge from pan; cut into squares.
- Store in an airtight container.
Yield: about 2 pounds.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @afewshortcuts on Instagram and hashtag it #afewshortcuts.