Life Happens. I seriously want that on a sign right when you walk in my house because life is happening all the time around here. Right before we left for our vacation this last week our refrigerator died. It died at that moment where I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off to get everything packed and in the car. I salvaged what I could from the fridge and tossed the rest so we wouldn’t come home to a stinky mess. In the mean time, we are eating fresh, or out of our big chest freezer downstairs. I personally have been leaning toward fresh, because there is so much to choose from this time of year.
I wanted to make a treat for the kids this afternoon, without turning the oven on in the summer heat. Then, I started looking around my kitchen and realized there wasn’t much around. Except for this huge watermelon sitting on my counter. Now I love watermelon. I can eat a ton of it on my own, and I very rarely give it up for a recipe. However, today I made an exception.
This Watermelon Frosty is amazing! We are talking, “Where has it been all my life?” amazing. This is great for the kids and can be made more adult with a few additions. Either way, this is a Summer Must Have!
- 5 Cups Seedless Watermelon
- 3 Cups Ice Cubes
- 1 Cup Frozen Lemonade or Limeade Concentrate
- Mix the watermelon, ice cubes, and frozen lemonade mix in the blender on high until blended.
- You can either serve immediately, or place the pitcher in the freezer for 15-20 minutes to make it a little more frosty.
- When you remove from freezer, pulse on the blender one or two times and serve.
- (Make it extra fancy by serving in a sugar rimmed glass)
Courses Beverage, Dessert