I know, I know. Such a great week for sales at Publix and I have jumped ship. There weren’t a ton of meat deals unless I wanted Turkey. I have nothing against Turkey, but I am going to have it coming out of my ears in about a week! So, I wanted to make something else. I made my meal from my stockpile. I wanted to take this recipe and teach you guys a couple stockpiling tricks! Never too late to learn!
- Canned goods don’t expire for a long time, and you can store them in the garage! When they are BOGO, BUY! Especially when you have a coupon!
- If you have room in your freezer, buy ground beef and chicken breasts in bulk when the go on sale! You can package them in ziplocs by the pound, make hamburger patties, or pre-cook. Great money and time saver!
- If you buy a huge bag of onions when they are on sale, and you know you will never use all of them. Cut them up and put them in 1 cup portions in freezer bags. Great for those recipes that call for diced onion!
- When purchasing certain spices look on the ethnic food isle first. For some reason they are cheaper, but just as great!
This Chili is perfect for the cooler weather we have been having. Ok, Not here in Florida, but I know some of you have had cooler weather! We absolutely love this chili at our house! It is so easy to throw together you can’t go wrong! I will almost guarantee left overs, and you will be glad to have something in your fridge besides turkey!
A Few Short Cuts Quick Chili
- 2 cans Chili Beans
- 1 Large Can (28 oz) Whole Tomatoes
- 1 Large 28 oz can (or 2 small 14 oz cans) Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Lb Ground Beef (Cooked & Crumbled)
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- ½ Cup Diced Onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
We love this Chili at our house! It is super easy!
In a large stock pot or Dutch oven heat crumbled ground beef.
Dump in Canned beans, and tomatoes and stir.
Add spices, and onion, and garlic.
Cook over medium heat for at least 30 minutes.
You could cook longer on low heat to allow the flavors to come together even more!
Serve with Biscuits or rolls! Top with shredded Cheddar Cheese!
Makes enough for 4 or more!
Don’t forget to check out my Cookie Exchange. Only a couple recipes now, but I am hoping for more contributors! Come on guys and share those recipes!