This post was sponsored by Pfizer Consumer Healthcare. All opinions are 100% my own.
We all know that germs are everywhere and that we can get sick at anytime. My kids tend to get sick at the most inopportune times, especially now that school is back in session. “Ew” is everywhere kids are. It’s at playdates. It’s at birthday parties. It’s at school. It’s on the playground. And where there’s “ew,” there’s bound to be a cough, cold, ouch, or ach-”ew” not too far away. Before you know it, no matter what you do to stop your kids from doing the “ew”-iest things, sick gets real.
Check out these survey facts about germs
- According to a recent “Ew-dentification” survey of nearly 500 school nurses nationwide, commissioned by pediatric brands of the Pfizer Consumer Healthcare, more than half of all school nurses (55%) reported that sick begins to spread somewhere between two and four weeks into the school year, while 19% see it as early as one week.
- Colds were seen as the number one illness in kids during the first month back, according to 41% of school nurses surveyed.
- They also found that common habits displayed by young children such as nose picking and not washing hands properly is the top cause for germs spreading amongst children at school, according to 69% of nurses surveyed.
- More than half of school nurses (59%) ranked the classroom as the easiest place to come in contact with germs, followed by the bathroom, school buses, handrails in hallways, and the cafeteria.
- When it comes to the nurses’ office itself, the top two reasons children go is to ask for medicine or ask to go home.
With 3 kids in the house I have learned to be prepared for any situation. No matter how hard you try your kids are going to get sick. Being stocked up with your sickness essentials before the germs get real can save your sanity, and help your little one feel better much faster. Check out what to stock your medicine cabinet with when sick gets real.
One of the first signs of germs in my house is soreness, fatigue, and fever. Children’s Advil® is my go to in the medicine cabinet for that! Children’s Advil® contains ibuprofen, the medicine pediatricians use most for their own kids’ fevers. Plus it helps your kids get rest because it provides up to 8 hours of relief in just one dose. It also relieves fever faster and keeps it down longer than Children’s Tylenol® and contains 40% less liquid per dose. Based on labeled dosing over a 24 hour period. See product label for compete dosing information.
Children’s Advil® products are available in several forms for easy administration, including: liquid suspension, tablets and infant drops and come in several great tasting flavors, including: Sugar-free Dye-free Berry, Bubble Gum, Grape, Blue Raspberry, Fruit and Dye-Free White Grape flavors. There is something for everyone.
You feel helpless as a parent when you hear your child up all night coughing. Not only are they not getting the rest they need to get better, but you aren’t getting enough rest to take care of them. That is why I keep Children’s Robitussin® in my medicine cabinet. They have several varieties to help you treat your child’s needs.
Children’s Robitussin® controls and relieves frequent cough, with some products working for up to 8 hours with products including:
- Cough & Chest Congestion DM – All the cough-stopping power of Robitussin® DM, formulated for children to control coughs and relieve chest congestion with a great-tasting grape flavor.
- Cough & Cold CF – Relieves stuffy nose, frequent coughing and chest congestion, with a grape flavor.
- Cough & Cold Long Acting – Controls and relieves a child’s frequent cough for up to 8 hours with a great-tasting fruit punch flavor.
- Nighttime Cough, Long Acting DM – Long-acting nighttime formula relieves cough and runny nose to help kids rest, available in a fruit punch flavor
There are those times when your child is fighting allergies or just a runny nose with a head cold. Along with an endless supply of tissues, Children’s Dimetapp® is just what you need in the medicine cabinet to help them feel better fast.
The #1 pharmacist recommended brand for children’s cough & cold symptoms all in a great grape flavor. Products include:
- Cold & Cough – Tackles a child’s most bothersome stuffy and runny noses, all while working to relieve cough.
- Cold & Allergy – Has the congestion-fighting power to relieve stuffy & runny noses while providing relief for itchy and watery eyes.
- Multi-Symptom Cold & Flu – Relieves painful cold and flu symptoms like congestion, sneezing, cough, fever, headaches and more.
- Long Acting Cough Plus Cold – Treats sneezing and a runny nose while also providing up to 8 hours of cough relief.
- Nighttime Cold & Congestion – Has the cold-fighting power to relieve nasal congestion symptoms and itchy, watery eyes as well as cough symptoms to help kids get the rest they need to feel better, faster.
When sick gets real, the pediatric brands of Pfizer Consumer Healthcare are there with three solutions – Children’s Advil®, Children’s Robitussin®, and Children’s Dimetapp® – to help tackle the ickiest symptoms. I hope that these help your little one feel better fast, and get them (and you ) back to doing the things they love.
Remember to double check the dates on the items in your medicine cabinet to make sure everything you have on hand is still good and ready to make your family feel better.