This Holiday Eggnog Poke Cake recipe was sponsored by Promised Land Dairy. I received compensation to write this post through the #FarFromOrdinaryMilk program. All opinions expressed are my own.
Move over cookies, because this Eggnog Poke Cake is going to be the star of your Christmas baking this year! The taste is full of holiday flavors, and it is so simple to make. This creamy, decadent, spicy cake will disappear faster than Santa up the chimney!
The secret to an amazing cake is using the best ingredients. In the case of this Eggnog Poke Cake, I used Promised Land Dairy Old Fashioned Eggnog. It has a hint of spice and irresistible taste made for the holidays and is perfect to infuse into this cake!
The flavor of this Promised Land Dairy Old-Fashioned Eggnog goes right into the cake mix. Promised Land Dairy provides the richest, creamiest tasting milk in outstanding flavors made from Jersey cows, which makes this cake even more awesome! It is #FarFromOrdinaryMilk.
While the cake is still warm out of the oven you are going to use the handle of a wooden spoon and poke holes throughout. TRUST ME.
Pour the eggnog pudding mix right over the cake and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Top the cake with the whipped topping and a sprinkle of nutmeg to finish it off! Serve with a glass of Promised Land Dairy Old-Fashioned Eggnog. It’s easy to spread holiday cheer with our flavorful Old-Fashioned Eggnog
Eggnog Poke Cake
- 1 box White cake mix
- 2 large egg
- ½ Cup Vegetable oil
- 1 Cup Eggnog
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine vanilla cake mix with eggs, vegetable oil, and Promised Land DairyOld-Fashioned Eggnog.
- Beat until well mixed. Bake at 350° F in a greased and floured 9×13” pan for 20-25 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the middle of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, you cake is done.
- Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes. While the cake is still warm, take the end of a wooden spoon or other round object and poke holes all over the top of your cake.
- Immediately after, prepare the pudding topping. Combine vanilla pudding, Promised Land Dairy Old-Fashioned Eggnog, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix until pudding is dissolved. Do not allow pudding the get firm. Pour wet pudding over top of the cake and then put the cake directly in the refrigerator. The pudding will soak into the cake and get firm while refrigerating. Allow the cake to sit in the fridge for at least 15- 30 minutes to set and cool. Longer is best.
- Top cake with Cool Whip or fresh whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg. Serve.
Elevate classic desserts with the creamy taste of Promised Land Dairy Old-Fashioned Eggnog in your favorite holiday dishes.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.