This time of year makes me very appreciative of what I have, and what I have accomplished! I am so glad that I decided to start A Few Short Cuts this year. I have met some wonderful people, and been given some wonderful opportunities.
Shortly after being contacted by POM to create a recipe using POM juice (Plugging my recipe here! Don’t forget to vote!), I was contacted by Challenge Butter. Some of you may not know about Challenge Butter. They are a west coast company. I know about them because I went to High School in Vegas. Yes, it was interesting! I am sure that I will tie it into a later post. 🙂
Anyway, they offered to send me a package including butter to come up with a holiday recipe! I was so thrilled! I jumped on the opportunity! Little did I know that they would send me all of this!
I received and OXO wisk, OXO POP Container, Spice Island Beau Monde Seasoning, Spice Island Fennel Seed, Spice Island Ground Chipotle Chile, and 2 things of Challenge Butter. WOW! I was like a kid on Christmas! It doesn’t take much to get me excited, apparently!
Challenge Butter wanted me to come up with a recipe for a Holiday Appetizer that included Challenge Butter and all of the included spices if possible. NO SWEAT! I already had something in mind!
A bonus for you guys is that Challenge Butter is offered a great sweepstakes! GO HERE to enter to win A Taste of the West during a 7-day/6 night trip for 4 to the incredible Mountain Sky Guest Ranch in Montana’s Paradise Valley, just North of Yellowstone National Park! Airfare, food, accommodations, and certain activities are all-included in this $17,000 luxury giveaway!
You could also will a great kitchen package from OXO and Spice Islands worth $850 to one lucky first place winner! The sweepstakes ends 12/31 so hurry and enter!
Enough about contests! Let’s get to the food!
Cheesy Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 package Baby Portabello Mushrooms or Caps
- 1/2 lb Ground Pork
- 1/4 tsp Spice Islands Ground Chipotle Chile
- 2 tsp Spice Islands Beau Monde Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Spice Islands Fennel Seed
- 1 stick or 8 TBSP Challenge Butter
- 1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella or Italian Cheese Blend
- 1/4 cup of bread crumbs (or 2 slices of bread torn)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Wipe off Mushrooms and remove stems. Place Caps in baking dish. Save stems in a separate bowl to be used for the filling.
- Heat ground pork with 1/4 tsp Ground Chipotle, 1 tsp Beau Monde Seasoning, and 1/4 tsp of fennel seed over medium heat until cooked through. You could also use 2 Italian Sausages with casing removed.
- While the Pork cooks; In a food processor place mushroom stems, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, 4 TBSP Challenge Butter, 1/4 cup Bread Crumbs, and 1 tsp Beau Monde Seasoning. Pulse until it comes together.
- Add the cooked pork to the food processor mixture. Spoon into mushroom caps.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese over mushrooms.
- Then, Melt the last 4 TBSP of butter in the microwave and poor over mushroom caps.
- Place in oven and bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes.
**TIP** If you have any leftover filling it can be frozen for up to 2 months.
***You can use Italian Sausage with casings removed instead of the ground pork with spices.
As an added bonus, I will be entered to win 1 of 5 $100 gift cards. So, if you are a blogger and want to write a post about Challenge Butter and their current Sweepstakes, Submit the link to ChallengeButter. You will also be entered to win a gift card