A great homemade holiday gift or just a Christmas time treat! Check out this simple Hot Cocoa Popcorn Recipe! It can be made dairy-free, and it’s naturally gluten-free!
In my house we do chocolate. We love chocolate, and we like to give it as gifts. I was in the store the other day and saw this yummy chocolate covered popcorn. I thought it would make a lovely gift and picked it up. When I saw the price tag was over $10…..it went right back on the shelf! Do people pay that???? For popcorn??? So I came home and made this Hot Cocoa Popcorn for the kids and some more for gifts.
I popped several cups of popcorn and spread it out in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. You are going to want to salt it lightly….it just makes the final product taste better.
Now drizzle your popcorn with some melted semi-sweet chocolate chips. You can use any chocolate you want. I chose some dairy-free chocolate chips so everyone can enjoy it.
Then I sprinkled it with Christmas sprinkles and dried mini marshmallows. Allow the chocolate to set.
Once set, break up your popcorn and put it in an airtight container. I found adorable tins at the dollar store that are perfect.
Hot Cocoa Popcorn
- lightly salted popcorn (Popped)
- semi-sweet chocolate chips (melted )
- dried mini marshmallows
- Spread the popcorn out in a single layer on a parchment or foil lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the popcorn.
- Sprinkle the dried mini marshmallows and sprinkles over the wet chocolate & popcorn. Let it cool/set.
- Break apart and serve or store in an airtight container.
- Great for gift giving.
- Use Dairy free chocoalte
This popcorn and a Christmas movie make the perfect holiday gift!
More Holiday Treats
- homemade hot cocoa mix recipe
- Hot Cocoa Cookies Recipe
- Midnight Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake Recipe
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.