A low carb snack or appetizer that is a perfect way to use up some of that summer squash. These Parmesan Squash Chips take only minutes to make and are a tasty keto-friendly snack.
Since we moved my sweet, sweet new neighbor has brought me fresh squash from her garden. Trust me we have used every bit of it. I don’t turn down fresh produce. The best way to enjoy it when you are in a hurry or you are just looking for a healthy snack are these delicious Parmesan Squash Chips. They are perfect if you are doing a low carb or keto diet too!
Hey, you know I am all about a good shortcut. This recipe is so easy, even my kids can make it. Just slice your squash into coins. When you think you have enough, cut a few more…they are that good. Toss the squash in a bowl with some olive oil and a little bit of garlic salt. Just stir them around to coat. Then spread them out on a parchment or foil-lined baking sheet and sprinkle with some freshly grated parmesan cheese. Pop these in the oven at 425 degrees F for about 10 – 15 minutes.
I almost hate to post a recipe this easy, but these are oh so good! Serve them with a little bowl of sour cream dip. The recipe is below. It is also super simple to whip up and perfect for with these squash chips. The entire snack (or appetizer) is healthy, low carb, and kid approved. Trust me, I had to make a second batch for myself because the kids took the first one.
Vegan Squash Chips Idea
Also, if you are Vegan or you are preparing these for someone who is, you can use a dairy free parmesan cheese. It works just as well for these Parmesan Squash Chips.
Parmesan Squash Chips
- 4 yellow squash - cut into rounds
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 - 1 cup parmesan cheese - grated
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 lemon - juice, about 1 tsp
- 1 tsp fresh cilantro - chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 Degrees F.
- Slice squash into 1/8 inch thick rounds.
- Place rounds in a bowl with olive oil and garlic salt and toss to coat.
- Lay rounds in a single layer on a foil or parchment-lined baking sheet and sprinkle them with the parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with dip.
- Mix together sour cream, lemon juice, and fresh cilantro. You can substitute in parsley if you prefer. Serve with squash chips.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.