I love “Snack”urday. It came out of my love for making special treats with my kids on Friday nights and Saturdays. While some “Snack”urdays are more adults, or just a family indulgence. It all comes back to fun times with the family. Tonight me and the kids got in the kitchen, rolled up our sleeves and got our hands dirty.
We had some fun making these Chocolate Football Bites…and of course had a blast taking pictures with our new kids cooking utensils that happen to have little bodies. LOL
If you are watching football this weekend or even for the superbowl, but these fun treats with your kids. You will make amazing unforgettable memories with them! Plus they are gluten free and dairy free so they are perfect for everyone!
Chocolate Football Bites
Yield 12 -15
- 4 cups Post cocoa pebbles cereal*
- 6 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- white decorating gel or icing
- Place cereal in large bowl.
- Microwave chocolate, corn syrup and butter in large microwavable bowl on high 1 1/2- 2 minutes. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour chocolate mixture over cereal; mix well.
- Shape into 3-inch long football shapes, using slightly moistened hands.
- Place on waxed paper; cool completely.
- Use decorating gel to add lacing to footballs.
Use Ghirardelli Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips for Dairy Free You can also use a dairy free margarine. *Post Cocoa Pebbles are Gluten Free
Gather you ingredients.
Place Chocolate, karo syrup, and butter in microwave safe bowl
Microwave for 1 1/2 -2 Minutes.
Place 4 cups of cereal in a large bowl.
Pour the chocolate mix over the cereal and stir.
Shape with moistened hands into 3 inch footballs and place on a wax paper or parchment paper covered cookie sheet.
Decorate footballs with icing or white decorator gel.