This post may contain affiliate links.
Football is on at my house all weekend long. And on Mondays….and sometimes Thursday nights. Then, Sportscenter plays the other days in between. ~chuckles~ It’s ok. I have come to terms with my football addict husband. It has been something I have known for quite sometime. He did not surprise me with this fact. I knew he loved it when I met him.
Now my kids are on the bandwagon. Cheering for teams, first downs, and touchdowns. It really is pretty cute! So, on football days we are all about the snack foods, and appetizers. This is one from the back of the ole’ recipe box. Forgotten, but still loved! It is making it’s way back into rotation. You should try it!
- 1 can Progresso black bean soup - or other large can
- 1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 small onion - finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 dash lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until ingredients are well blended together.
- Chill for several hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and let sit for about 20 minutes before serving.