As promised, and a little late. Here is another great holiday appetizer! My husband loves those BBQ Meatballs in the crockpot with Grape Jelly. Me….not so much. This is a holiday twist on those cocktail meatballs, that in my opinion, taste much better!
My favorite part is that these can be made in the crockpot, that way they are warm and ready to go when your company arrives. Try these super easy Cranberry Cocktail Meatballs this holiday season!
Cranberry Cocktail Meatballs
Yield 4 -5 dozen
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup corn flake crumbs or rice chex crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup minced onions
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) cranberry sauce, jellied or whole cranberry sauce
- 12 ounces chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, corn flake crumbs, parsley, eggs, ketchup, onion, soy sauce, garlic powder and pepper.
- Blend ingredients well and form into small balls, about 3/4-inch in diameter. Place in a casserole or baking pan. Preheat oven to 300°.
- Combine cranberry sauce, chili sauce, brown sugar, and lemon juice in a saucepan. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until mixture is blended.
- Pour hot sauce over meatballs in casserole. Bake for about 45 minutes, depending on the size of the meatballs. Transfer to crockpot and keep on LOW for serving.
- Makes 4 to 5 dozen meatballs, depending on size.
If you are short on time you can use frozen meatballs and just make cranberry sauce. Toss the meatballs and the sauce in the crockpot for 2 Hours on high. GLUTEN FREE These can be made gluten free with rice chex crumbs and Gluten free soy sauce.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @afewshortcuts on Instagram and hashtag it #afewshortcuts.