Blueberry Coconut Baked Oatmeal
A Delicious healthy breakfast recipe! You have to try this Blueberry Coconut Baked Oatmeal recipe! You can make it gluten free, dairy free, even vegan!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time50 mins
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted and cooled slightly
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries fresh or frozen
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8 or 9x9 square baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients; oats, coconut, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
In another medium bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, coconut oil, and vanilla. The coconut oil might get a little lumpy, but that is ok. It will melt when baking.
Add the milk mix to the oats and stir well.
Arrange half of the blueberries on the bottom of the parchment lined baking dish. Pour the oat batter evenly over the berries. Sprinkle the remaining blueberries on top of the oats.
Bake for 40 minutes, until the top, is golden and oatmeal is set. Let cool for 5 minutes and serve warm.
- Use gluten-free oats
- Use a dairy-free milk substitute. Coconut milk is a great option for this recipe.
- This recipe turns out fantastically with a flax egg or egg substitute.