Indulgence. It’s something that, as a mom, I don’t do often. But as they say, “Go Big or Go Home!” That is where these Latte BonBons come in!
The perfect balance of coffee, caramel, and chocolate. How could they not be out of this word amazing. Plus they are sinfully easy to make!
….which could be really dangerous in the wrong hands.
SO I try to make these for others and then just keep one or two for myself. Otherwise bad things could happen. Like jeans not fitting, or dinner not getting cooked because I am in a chocolate Latte Bonbon coma in the corner. LOL
If you want a sweet treat for yourself, or someone special to show them you care. This is it. Give these as a gift with a new mug and your favorite k-cups and you will make a friend for life!
- 2 Cups Vanilla Wafer Crumbs
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 3 Tbsp. Instant Latte Drink Mix (I used Starbucks Caramel Latte)
- 12 oz. Almond Bark
- ½ Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Blend together the Wafer crumbs, Cream cheese and Latte mix until a smooth dough forms.
- Spoon out about a tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, repeat with remaining dough. Place in freezer at least 1 hour.
- Melt the Almond bark in a microwave safe bowl on high 90 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Remove the frozen dough a couple at a time and using a fork and spoon dip and roll to coat. Pick up on the end of the fork and gently tap straight up and down to smooth the coating and remove any excess. Place on parchment paper to set. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Melt the Dark chocolate in the microwave in 20 second increments stirring after each until melted and smooth.
- Using a spoon, scoop up some of the melted chocolate. Hold the spoon at an angle so the chocolate slowly starts to run off. Rhythmically sweep the spoon back and forth over the bonbons to make the chocolate stripes on top, repeat until all bonbons are topped.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.