What is A Few Shortcuts?
AFewShortcuts.com started in 2009 with a single purpose; Help save others time and money. Over ten years later, helping others save time and money is still our priority. We want to give you shortcuts to everyday life. The kind of shortcuts that help you do the things you love!
We strive to make recipes, crafts, and share tips that are going to be useful and shave some time off of your "must-do's. Plus, we share things that we are passionate about including gardening, travel, and more.
Amanda Carlisle is a wife of 20 years and mom of three (12, 15, & 19) that fell into blogging 10 years ago. Since then she as successfully runs her own online publishing company that encompasses two popular blogs. She is a native Floridan currently living in the Gainesville, Florida area. Her passions are creating simple everyday recipes and crafts to share with others, gardening, and spending time with her family. She is currently working on remodeling her small farm fixer-upper house on a budget.
Here are a few fun facts about me that you might not know.
- I have 2 dogs; Pudge (Basset Hound) and Stitch (rescue hound - Lab/Pit/Heinz 57 mix)
- We have 2 cats that adopted us (Coal & Elsa)
- 14 Chickens (They are free range on our property and they are like pets). They all have names. I will spare you.
- We raise Registered Kune Kune Pigs. I could talk about them for days. You can see them more on our Carlisle Acres Instagram.
- 1 Bunny (Sprite although we call him Bun-Bun)
- We love Universal ( more than Disney )! Yep, I said it.
- I am a HUGE Harry Potter nerd!
- We Homeschool, since before it was mandatory.
- My kids have food allergies. That is why there are so many gluten free, dairy free, egg free substitutes around here. They keep things interesting.
- I am really into plants right now and learning about their natural uses.
- I like real books more than e-books.
You can follow me on Instagram. I try to keep my profile and Instagram stories up to date with what is going on at our house. It is a great way to get to know Amanda and connect.
You can also follow Amanda (A Few Shortcuts) on...
For media inquiries, more information or questions feel free to email me at email@example.com !