There is a chill in the air, and to be honest the coziness of having something tasty in the oven is just comforting. I love pumpkin desserts and this one is no exception. I love going through my stockpile and seeing what I have ingredients for and tossing something together that makes the family smile, and makes the house smell like a bakery.
These Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars have a unique taste that is so amazing! The creamy pumpkin taste reminds me of a pumpkin pie, but the chocolate really makes it decadent! You have to try these.
Don’t forget to try these other pumpkin recipes too!
- 20 chocolate wafer cookies (half a 9-ounce package)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 packages bar cream cheese (8 ounces each)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin-pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil, leaving an overhang on all sides. Set aside.
- In a food processor, blend cookies until finely ground (you should have about 1 cup crumbs); add butter, and pulse until moistened.
- Transfer crumb mixture to prepared pan, and press gently into bottom. Bake about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place cream cheese in food processor; blend until smooth. Add sugar, pumpkin puree, eggs, flour, pumpkin-pie spice, and salt; process until combined. Set aside.
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave in 30-second increments, stirring between each, until melted. Add 1 cup pumpkin mixture; stir to combine. Set aside.
- Pour remaining pumpkin mixture into prepared pan. Drop dollops of chocolate mixture onto pumpkin mixture; swirl with a knife. Bake until cheesecake is set but jiggles slightly when gently shaken, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Cool in pan. Cover; chill until firm, at least 2 hours (and up to 2 days). Transfer cake to work surface. With a knife dipped in water, cut into 16 squares. Serve.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the oreos, and melted butter in the food processor and pulse until crumbs. Press into a lined 8×8 baking dish and bake for 10 minutes.
In food processor mix 2- 8oz packages of cream cheese and one cup of pumpkin puree. Once mix blend in 1 cup of sugar, 3 eggs, and 3 tbsp of flour. Pulse until mixed.
In a small microwave safe bowl melt 1 cup of chocolate chips in the microwave. Start it at 30 seconds and stir. Continue until melted. Mix together 1 cup of the pumpkin cheese mix with the chocolate. Stir together and sit aside.
Pour pumpkin mix ontop of cookie crust.
Spoon chocolate mixture onto pumpkin mixture.
Use a knife to swirl.
Bake at 350 for Bake until cheesecake is set but jiggles slightly when gently shaken, 40 to 50 minutes.
Cool in pan. Cover; chill until firm, at least 2 hours (and up to 2 days). Transfer cake to work surface. With a knife dipped in water, cut into 16 squares…or less. Serve.