I feel like a mess lately! There just aren’t enough hours in the day to do it all. I think I am running in so many directions that I just don’t have time to focus my energy on one thing for long. So when I find a recipe for a quick, nutritious meal that I think my family will eat (or atleast pick apart and eat pieces) I am all over it.
This great Penne with Chicken & Asparagus can be thrown together practically at any time. Most of the ingredients come right out of your stockpile and make you life a little easier! Try this one out! It is fabulous!
- 1 16 ounce package dried penne pasta
- 5 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 2 skinless (boneless chicken breast halves - cut into cubes)
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bunch slender asparagus spears (trimmed, cut on diagonal into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 clove garlic (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
- Warm 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in chicken, and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook until chicken is cooked through and browned, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken to paper towels.
- Pour chicken broth into the skillet. Then stir in asparagus, garlic, and a pinch more garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cover, and steam until the asparagus is just tender, about 5 to 10 minutes. Return chicken to the skillet, and warm through.
- Stir chicken mixture into pasta, and mix well. Let sit about 5 minutes. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, stir again, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Try these other easy delicious dinner recipes!
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.