I feel like a mess lately! There just aren't enough hours in the day to do it all. I think I am running in so many directions that I just don't have time to focus my energy on one thing for long. So when I find a recipe for a quick, nutritious meal that I think my family will eat (or atleast pick apart and eat pieces) I am all over it.
This great Penne with Chicken & Asparagus can be thrown together practically at any time. Most of the ingredients come right out of your stockpile and make you life a little easier! Try this one out! It is fabulous!
- 1 16 ounce package dried penne pasta
- 5 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 2 skinless (boneless chicken breast halves - cut into cubes)
- salt & pepper
- garlic powder to taste
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bunch slender asparagus spears (trimmed, cut on diagonal into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 clove garlic (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
- Warm 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in chicken, and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook until chicken is cooked through and browned, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken to paper towels.
- Pour chicken broth into the skillet. Then stir in asparagus, garlic, and a pinch more garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cover, and steam until the asparagus is just tender, about 5 to 10 minutes. Return chicken to the skillet, and warm through.
- Stir chicken mixture into pasta, and mix well. Let sit about 5 minutes. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, stir again, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Try these other easy delicious dinner recipes!
I am Amanda. Mom to 3 wonderful kids & lots of furbabies. Plus wife to my hubby, David, for 20 years (gosh that makes me sound old). In our house we love to get outside, have family fun, and enjoy all Florida has to offer (Hey, Universal!) We do all of that with a few shortcuts.