I am always trying to find creative uses for frugal things around my house. Cupcake Paper Liners are not only cute, but they can serve many purposes (Besides lining those pans!) Time to hit the dollar store and stock up. Check out this list.
10 Creative Uses for Paper Cupcake Liners
- Drip Catcher – Kids can make a huge mess with Popsicle. Corral that mess be slipping the stick through a cupcake liner before serving to catch those drips.
- Mini Ghosts– Decorate for Halloween in a jiffy! Flip over white cupcake liners and stick on googly eyes. Instant ghosts!
- Multicolor Crayons- Use up those broken crayons and re-purpose them! Fill foil liners about two-thirds full with unwrapped crayon stubs in assorted colors, place in a muffin tin, and heat in the oven at 275 F until melted together. Remove from oven and cool to use.
- Paper Lanterns- For a soft glow, poke the bulbs on a strand of miniature lights through the flat bottoms of liners. Great for Backyard bbqs, or even during the holidays.
- Drink Lid – Are those flies ruining your backyard party? To avoid these small undesirable guests on your drinks you can cover them using cupcake liners! Make a small hole to put a straw and enjoy it.
- Decorative Jar Lids -Decorate those jars before you give them as gifts. Use a cupcake liner over the top of those mason jars to decorate the jar. Cover the lid with the liner and screw the band over the top, or tie it with a piece of ribbon. So cute!
- Divide and Conquer– Use baking cups to divide the kids snacks into manageable portions. They are even great for those craft projects that require sequins, or googly eyes. You can place all of them into separate baking cups to keep your projects organized.
- DIY Gift Topper – Wrapping a present last minute and you don’t have a bow? Flatten out and stack 10 cupcake liners – staple them together at the center. I used two different colored liners and alternated front and back. Fold in half. Make evenly spaced apart cuts into liners to fray the edges. Pull apart liners and shape into a semi-circle. VOILA! Instant decorative gift topper
- Make a Garland – With your skewer, poke a hole in the center of each cupcake liner. String white yarn through each cupcake liner, alternating colors, patterns, and which way the liners face. The yarn keeps the liners from sliding so much, and will help keep them in place. Continue adding the liners until you reach the length of garland you like.Display your garland by tying each end wherever you like.
- Votive Holders- Use foil cupcake liners to hold tea lights: No cleaning up the dripped wax. Simply toss the liner when the wick is snuffed.
Do you have a super use for cupcake liners that we didn’t list. Share in the comments below.