This post may contain affiliate links.
This DIY Cereal Box Composition Notebook Cover post is sponsored by Pebbles Cereal. All opinions are 100% my own.
A Composition Notebook, or two, is always on the school supply list for a new school year. A couple of months into the year they are battered, tattered, and torn and in need of some serious love. This year we are starting off on the right foot by making our own DIY Cereal Box Composition Notebook Cover! These covers will make them more durable and colorful by using their favorite Pebbles Cereal boxes.
DIY Cereal Box Composition Notebook Cover
You will Need
- A Box of Your Favorite Pebbles Cereal
- Composition Notebook
- Duct Tape (any color you choose)
- Dry Erase Duct Tape for inside cover (optional)
- Velcro square
- Cut your Pebbles cereal box so that you keep the front of the box and the side panel with the cereal logo. When cutting the front of the box be careful to keep the design you want on your front cover and to cut it roughly the same size as your cover.
- Use your duct tape to tape the cereal box cover onto the front of the composition notebook. Fold the tape over the cover as pictured.
- Cover the back of the composition notebook in the same way. You may use an additional cereal box or just tape for the back cover.
- The primary cover is on your composition notebook. Now for the add ons.
- Now for the side panel we saved, we are going to wrap it in duct tape to reinforce it.
- Completely cover the back, but leave the design showing (Like picture 5) on the front.
- Take the side panel and place it upside down and at the top of your composition notebook then tape it down as pictured.
- By taping this side panel on, you create a built in colorful bookmark, so you never lose your page!
- Now you can add the dry erase tape to the front and rear cover for a note station.
- Take a 4-5 inch piece of duct tape and fold it over on the back cover as pictured in image 10. You just created a closure flap. We want it to be a little big because the composition notebook will get fatter as the year goes on.
- Take an adhesive hook and loop square set as pictured.
- Attach them to the flap and front cover as shown for closure.
You are now the proud owner of one of the coolest Composition Notebook Covers around. This thing will stand up much better than the original composition notebooks. BONUS, since your composition notebook is unique you will be able to tell yours from the others quickly!
Let’s all take a moment to appreciate that excellent built in bookmark. You will never lose your page again!
I know the dry erase on the inside cover is optional, but it is a great place to doodle, write notes, keep track of homework and more. The dry erase cover is one of my kids’ favorite features.
Bust out your favorite Pebbles Cereal and start getting creative. You can dress up and cover all of your notebooks using the same technique. You can get creative and use different colors of tape and boxes for different subjects. Have fun and have a great school year!
“THE FLINTSTONES and all related characters and elements © & ™ Hanna-Barbera. (s17)”