I love decorating with trends, but I hate trending decor prices. The newest trend are these Test Tube Bud Vases. It is science meets home decor. I have seen these sell for as little as $30 to over $50! Of course there are different sizes, styles and colors, but you can get the look for less with this DIY Test Tube Bud Vase.
You would never guess that this DIY is made for test tubes from the dollar store!! This project costs less than $5 to make! Even less if you already have the spray paint.
DIY Test Tube Bud Vase
What you need
- Dollar Tree Test Tubes (found in school supplies/teaching supplies)
- Spray paint in choice of color
- Stems of flowers or herbs
- Begin by removing the lids of the test tubes. You will no longer be needing these so you can go ahead and recycle them if you wish.
- Remove the test tubes from the carrier and set aside. Place the holder on newspaper.
- Spray the holder with 2 coats of spray paint in your choice of color and finish. Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Replace the test tubes back in the holder. Fill with water and add the blooms of your choice.
I love the look. This is so fun to put some fresh cut blooms in from the garden!