Peanut Butter Brownie Bars
Oh, I so wanted to be the organized blogger and whip something new and fresh up before I left for New York. Instead I find myself sitting in my hotel room, digging on my blog for a great oldie but goodie recipe before I run out for the day. I am already running late to get out of here. ~sigh~ Who knew there was so much involved in a vacation conference?
This is one of my FAVORTIE treats! They are so good and the peanut butter and chocolate offer a delicious flavor reminiscent of a Reese’s peanut butter cup! If you are looking for a treat this weekend, this is it!
Peanut Butter Brownie BarsPrint Recipe
- Brownie Mix Family Size
- Ingredients to make according to package
- 1 8ox cream cheese softened
- 16 oz powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs large
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl mix brownies according to package. Press batter in a 13x9 baking dish and set aside.
- In another bowl beat together cream cheese, peanut butter, eggs, and powdered sugar.
- Spread over the brownie mix
- Top with chocolate chips
- bake for 45-50 minutes or until baked but center is still a llittle gooey.
- Cool completely before cutting.
**Gluten Free**- Use 2 Gluten Free Betty Crocker Brownie mixes to replace 1 family size brownie mix Top with Reese’s pieces or chopped peanut butter cups instead of chocolate chips Line the pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper to get it out of the pan easier.
I’m wondering what you mean by ‘family size’ box of brownie mix. Would that be a standard size? The bars look delish and I want to surprise my family with this treat. Thanks!