This post may contain affiliate links.
A decadent holiday treat with a cup of Dunkin Donuts Coffee! You must try this AMAZING White Chocolate Peppermint Latte Scones Recipe.
The holidays are one time of year when a special treat or two is necessary. I love to sit down with friends and family and enjoy a laugh over a cup of great coffee and these White Chocolate Peppermint Latte Scones.
These are super simple to make…which could be dangerous. My secret ingredient to make these extra tasty is some Dunkin Donuts Dunkin Dark Coffee. There will also be a limited edition Dunkin’ Donuts White Chocolate Peppermint Flavored Ground Coffee hitting store shelves too that would be perfect with this! Check out all the yummy Dunkin Donuts Coffee Flavors!
Mix all the dough ingredients according to the recipe and stir in some white chocolate chips and crushed peppermints. Don’t over stir. Just mix enough to get everything evenly distributed.
Turn out the dough onto a parchment lined surface and pat it into a rectangle about 12 x 4 inches. Then slice horizontally down the center. Then cut vertically into 5 even columns. Finally cut each square in half diagonally. You will end up with 20 scones!
Now, you are going to think that these are small. Just be patient. They will rise in the oven.
Carefully separate the scone dough and space it out on parchment lined cookie sheets with at least 2 inches space between. Mine filled to cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until they have risen and are golden around the edges.
Remove and allow them to cool completely. While they are cooling you can make your white chocolate glaze.
The glaze is so simple to make in the microwave. Just spoon a little over each scone and sprinkle with a little more crushed peppermint.
Serve with a pipping hot cup of Dunkin Donuts Dunkin Dark Roast and enjoy!
White Chocolate Peppermint Latte Scones
- 2 cup self rising flour or AP flour with 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- 3 Tbsp Dunkin Donuts Dark Roast Coffee brewed
- 3 Tbsp crushed peppermint candy
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chipsGlaze
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 -3 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp crushed peppermint candy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In your mixing bowl add flour, sugar, & salt. Mix gently. Beat in softened butter until dough forms small crumbs.
- Add egg, cream, and coffee mixing just until combined. Fold in crushed peppermint candy and white chocolate chips.
- Turn dough out onto a parchment lined surface and form dough into roughly a 12 inch x 4 inch rectangle.
- Cut dough horizontally in half, then make 5 vertical cuts. Cut each small rectangle into two triangles. You will now have 20 small triangles.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and gently transfer the scone dough triangles spacing them about 2 inches apart. It took 2 baking sheets for mine. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes. Remove and cool completely.White Chocolate Glaze
- Place white chocolate and heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave at 50% power in 30 second intervals stirring in between until melted. Spoon the glaze over the scones and sprinkle with some additional crushed peppermint candy
- Enjoy! Store uneaten scones in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
This post was sponsored by Dunkin Donuts Coffee. All opinions are 100% my own.