I have to admit we are new converts to homemade bubble solution. I usually buy a big jug of bubbles at the beginning of the summer and pray it lasts, or doesn’t get kicked over. Let me tell you….we won’t be doing that ever again! These homemade bubbles rock! We have made bigger bubbles than ever before and watched them bounce….yes, bounce off of the grass. The kids have had so much fun!
This bubble solution is super easy to make, and would even be great to make and give as gifts! Seriously, my kids have had the best time with these bubbles!
I had all of the ingredients on hand except for the Glycerine. It can be found at walmart, cvs, target, etc next to the bandages. Otherwise you can order Glycerine online from Amazon.com
- 6 cups water
- ½ cup blue Original Dawn dish detergent
- ½ cup corn starch
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp Glycerine
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the water.
- Then gently stir in the remaining ingredients. Avoid creating a lot of froth.
- Allow your mixture to sit for at least an hour ( I recommend atleast 24 hours or overnight)
- Gently stir occasionally if you see the cornstarch settling to the bottom.
Looking for more outside fun?! Check out How to make your own Kiddie Car Wash!