I have turned over cooking to my hubby a couple nights a week, because I have one too many things too do. Sometimes you just don’t want anything out of the crock pot, and the grill sounds so much better. Plus, I am in charge of homework. That can be painful with 3 kids.
13 Year Old: I hate homework.
Me: I do too! Ironic thing is when you have kids you get to do it all over again…..times 3 apparently.
13 Year Old: I am NEVER having kids.
Well, that escalated quickly. LOL Anyway, that is just the way my afternoons go.
I was surprised when I was served this Teriyaki Chicken Pineapple Boat the other night. I am pretty sure my Crock Pot Pulled Pork from the night before was just upstaged. The kids ooohed and ahhhed. I will never hear the end of this folks….like ever!
The funny thing is these look fancy, but they are so simple! The make a great presentation for a date night or if you are having a dinner party. OR…like my house, if you want a pat on the back about that AMAZING dinner you fixed. ~giggle~
Mix up the teriyaki sauce and pour it over the chicken. Let it marinade for atleast 30 minutes. This is a great time to start the rice, heat the grill, and slice the pineapple.
To make the bowls you need to slice the pineapples in half from the top to the bottom. This is much easier than you would think. Then use a spoon and a knife to scoop out the pineapple. Dice the pineapple and place in a bowl to the side.
Now grill the chicken and diced pineapple (if desired). You can also bake the chicken in the oven.
Once done, dice the chicken and mix it with the cooked white rice, steamed broccoli ( I used the steam fresh veggies), and pineapple. Serve in the pineapple bowls with a little extra teriyaki sauce over the top! YUM!
Save money by stocking up! Go now and register for Zaycon Foods. Find out when they are coming to your area with high quality chicken, beef, bacon & more. I order from them every time they come around. Not only does it save us a ton, but it is the best, HANDS DOWN! Go now to find out more!
- 2 Whole Pineapples
- 1 - 1.5 Lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- ¾ cup soy sauce (you can buy gluten free)
- ¼ cup honey
- 1¼ teaspoons peeled, grated fresh ginger (from about a 1-1/2-inch piece) or ½ tsp dry ginger
- Cooked Rice (we used the rice cooker)
- Steamed Broccoli (Hello Freezer Steambags)
- Mix the soy sauce, honey, and ginger together. Whisk well and pour ½ cup over chicken in a large bowl. Reserve the rest for serving. Allow to marinade up to 2 hours but at least 30 minutes. This is great to do while the grill or oven heats up.
- Slice the Pineapples directly down the center long ways to form 2 bowl halves. Use a knife and a spoon to cut the pineapple meat out of the inside leaving only the shell. Set them to the side. Dice the pineapple and place it in a bowl.
- Grill the chicken over medium heat until the internal temperature is at least 160. You can also cover and bake in the oven for 35 minutes until cooked through. I prefer grilled.
- If you want a very flavorful dish you can also grill the pineapple. It really brings out the flavor.
- Once the chicken is cooked dice it and mix it with the cooked rice, pineapple, and steamed broccoli.
- Spoon it into the pineapple bowls. Top with extra teriyaki sauce. Serve.
- Use a gluten free soy sauce.