Fall is around the corner. That ushers in the season for baked goods, apples, pumpkins, the smell of cinnamon... .....MMMM......and a nice warm cup of coffee. Some of the best things in life happen in the fall. Like the best-baked doughnut ever! These are the only non-fried doughnuts I make, and they are fabulous! They are still light and fluffy and melt in your mouth delicious right out of the oven.
The catch, you will need a doughnut pan. But don't worry they aren't expensive and you will use it more than once. Especially with this Pumpkin Doughnuts recipe in your hands. 😉
The second catch. You will need to make more than one batch, so stock up on pumpkin. They literally hit the counter, took a cinnamon sugar bath, and I walked in the other room for 2 minutes. I came back and they were gone. The little vultures smelled them and devoured them. Don't worry, if you make too many I am sure you can find someone to help you eat them, or you can freeze them for another day!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two standard doughnut pans.
- Beat together the oil, eggs, sugar, pumpkin, spices, salt, and baking powder until smooth.
- Add the flour, stirring just until smooth.
- Fill the wells of the doughnut pans about 3/4 full.
- Bake the doughnuts for 15 to 18 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of one comes out clean.
- Remove the doughnuts from the oven, and after about 5 minutes, loosen their edges, and transfer them to a rack to cool.
- While the doughnuts are still warm (but no longer fragile), top them with cinnamon sugar gently patting it down so it sticks.
- Cool completely, and store (not wrapped tight) at room temperature for several days.Gluten Free
- Use a gluten free flour mix. I used Gluten Free Bisquick and they turned out fabulous.
I am Amanda. Mom to 3 wonderful kids & lots of furbabies. Plus wife to my hubby, David, for 20 years (gosh that makes me sound old). In our house we love to get outside, have family fun, and enjoy all Florida has to offer (Hey, Universal!) We do all of that with a few shortcuts.