Every year we have a Spring/Easter Party with the kids just for fun. They are only little for so long and it is a fun way to celebrate! Having fun treats around is totally necessary when having a party with kids. I knew I was going to make cupcakes, but I wanted them to be exciting! That is when I decided to make these cute Carrot Patch Cupcakes!
I found these Great Bakery Crafts Bunny Tail Icing Decorations on the Easter Aisle at Walmart! They used to have them on Amazon but I don’t see them now. These Bottoms Up Bunny Cupcake Decorations are pretty similar!
I whipped up a batch of Carrot Cake Cupcakes and iced them with green icing. I may have cheated and used store bought. 😉 Nobody will know the difference. I then dyed some shredded coconut with green food coloring to look like grass and sprinkled it on the cupcakes. I topped it with a bunny tail and some candy carrots I found in my sprinkle box! They turned out perfectly!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups grated carrots (heaping)
- ⅔ cup oil
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 Tub of Icing
- Shredded Coconut
- Green Food Coloring
- Bakery Crafts Bunny Tail Decorations
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the grated carrots and the oil. Slowly add the flour mixture, stirring until just mixed. Add the beaten eggs and stir a few times. Be careful not to over mix.
- Line muffin pan with paper liners. Scoop the batter into a muffin tin, filling each muffin tin about ⅔ of the way up the side. Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool.
- Ice with Green frosting.
- Mix the Coconut with a couple drops of green food coloring and stir until desired color. Sprinkle some on top of each cupcake to look like grass. Top with the bunny tail decoration.
- Gluten Free
- Replace flour with a gluten free flour mix
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.