They say a small mirror can really open a room up and add some light, which is why this Simple Snowflake Mirror craft is not only festive, but functional too. If you are wanting to add a pop of holiday charm to your home, all you need to do is make a quick stop at your local Dollar Tree store. This Simple Snowflake Mirror is so easy to make and is a great way to get into the spirit of the season. Take a peek at how you can make your own!
Simple Snowflake Mirror
- Medium sized mirror
- Spray on Snow
- Snowflake Cut Outs
- Hot glue, glue gun
We were able to find all of these supplies at our local Dollar Tree. You can find the mirror we used in the organizational section near the hangers and closet supplies. The rest of the items were in the holiday and crafting areas.
1. Begin by adding a small piece of tape to the back of several snowflakes. Place the snowflakes on the mirror where you wish for them to act as a stencil. Stay near the edges so you still have plenty of functional mirror left in the center.
2. Once your snowflakes are in place, set the mirror on some newspaper and on a flat surface. Begin spraying the spray on snow gently around the snowflakes.
3. Allow a few minutes for the snow to set. Gently remove the taped on snowflakes so the stencil is revealed.
4. Take a rag or napkin and gently wipe away the snow if it got on any areas you did not mean for it to.
5. Using your hot glue, add a dab to the back of some new snowflakes. Press them to the glass for added embellishment.
See how easy that was? Now your mirror is all ready to hang!
Head to your local Dollar Tree store and grab all of the fixings to give this Simple Snowflake Mirror a try. You are sure to create something just as stunning.
I am Amanda. Mom to 3 wonderful kids & lots of furbabies. Plus wife to my hubby, David, for 20 years (gosh that makes me sound old). In our house we love to get outside, have family fun, and enjoy all Florida has to offer (Hey, Universal!) We do all of that with a few shortcuts.