Grab a cup of coffee and friend to share this amazing and delicious Cinnamon Roll Pound Cake with! This #Recipe is a keeper!
Pound Cake goes with a cup of coffee, like bread goes with butter. I have to stop myself occasionally from whipping up a cake just because. If it is on my cake plate, then I need a cup of coffee. If I have a cup of coffee, then I must have a piece of cake to go with it. Then, when the cake is gone, I feel like I should make another one to put on the cake plate. I mean, it just looks so sad and empty sitting there cakeless.
A plain pound cake is a simple and delicious dessert. Now add 2 more easy steps and you have this STELLAR Cinnamon Roll Pound Cake. My house smells like a Cinnabon right now. It is such an amazing twist on a classic for the holiday season!
I whipped up my regular pound cake recipe. After greasing and flouring the pan, I put ⅓ of the batter in the pan, and then sprinkled it with Cinnamon Sugar. I then did another layer of batter and cinnamon sugar, and a final layer of batter. For those that are keeping track it goes like this.
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Cinnamon Sugar
It is like a Double cinnamon sugar sandwich. Yum! This make 2 loaf pan size cake by the way. Which is trouble. I always give one to a neighbor, or pop one in the freezer.
You end up with these delicious, perfectly crusty pound cakes! But wait....there is more.
After it cools for a bit. Top your cake with this amazing cream cheese icing. It is Cinnamon Roll Pound Cake after all. The hardest part....letting it cool and set up before you cut into it.
Your patience will pay off ten fold when you take a bite of this heavenly cake.
Cinnamon Roll Pound Cake
- ½ pound butter softened
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Cinnamon Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- With a mixer, cream butter and shortening and sugar together.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- Stir dry ingredients together in a bowl and add to mixer alternately with milk, starting with the flour and ending with the flour. Mix in vanilla.
- Grease and flour 2 loaf pans.
- Pour ⅓ of batter into loaf pans. Sprinkle half of cinnamon sugar mixure into pans. Repeat with remaining batter, then cinnamon sugar, then ending with batter.
- Bake about 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- In a small bowl whisk together the icing ingredients. Until creamy. Spread over the top of the cooled cake. Allow icing to set up atleast 1 hour before slicing.
- Use a gluten free flour mix.
Like this? You will love.....
This Sour Cream Coffee Cake