Making muffins makes me happy. It is so nice to see a plate full of them sitting on the counter for the kids to grab for breakfast, or a quick snack. They are so easy to make, budget friendly, and oh so delicious. I have recently been blessed with a ton of lemons, so I took a couple to make these Lemon Blueberry Muffins. They are so light and moist. I love the blueberries bursting throughout!
Just preheat the oven to 350 and mix up the batter. It is very quick and easy to do.
Then fill paper lined muffin tins 3/4 of the way full. Top with the crumb topping. This is my kids favorite part. They love the crunchy toppings on muffins. You can add this topping to any muffin recipe you have to make them extra yummy!
Bake away for about 25 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- 2 cups + 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour (divided)
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. loosely-packed lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozenStresuel Topping Ingredients:)
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter (slightly cooled)
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line a baking pan (or two if needed) with paper liners, or grease with cooking spray.
- Prepare the streusel topping according to instructions below. (set aside)
- In a separate small mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl or mixer, whisk together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla, milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and continue whisking until smooth. Fold in flour mixture with a rubber spatula until just combined.
- In a small mixing bowl, toss blueberries with 3 Tbsp. flour until blueberries are coated. Use a slotted spoon to remove blueberries and shake off any excess flour.
- Fold the blueberries into the muffin batter.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full of batter and sprinkle each cup of batter with about 1 Tbsp. streusel topping.
- Bake at 350º for 20 to 25 min, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool for a few minutes in the muffin pan before removing to cool on a wire rack. Serve immediately or store in a sealed container.Streusel Topping:
- Whisk together all ingredients until combined and mixture is crumbly.Dairy Free
- Use Dairy free margarine and a dairy free milk substitute such as almond.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.