This post may contain affiliate links.
I was looking for a simple dessert for this weekend. It is a holiday after all. Something that I could prep ahead and could be thrown together in minutes. I found it with this Strawberry Pretzel Parfait. It has the great salty and sweet combo that makes your taste buds dance. Plus the crunchy and smooth textures keeps you guessing. JUST SO YUMMY!
Just wash, slice, and sprinkle sugar on your strawberries. Toss the bowl in the fridge until you are ready for them.
Then before you serve pulse pretzels, butter, and cinnamon sugar in your food processor. You can even smash them in a large ziploc if you don’t have a food processor. I even used gluten free pretzels.
Then just layer the pretzels, yogurt, and strawberries in a small serving bowl. These little mason jars are just perfect. Serve immediately.
- 1 quart strawberries (washed and sliced)
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups pretzels (gluten free can be used)
- 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pint vanilla yogurt
- Wash and slice the strawberries and place them in a bowl. Sprinkle the sugar on top of them and allow them to sit in the fridge until ready to use.
- Pulse the pretzels in a food processor until they are in small chunks. Add the melted butter and cinnamon to the pretzels and pulse a few more times to combine. You can also do this in a large ziploc bag with a rolling pin if you don't have a food processor.
- In a parfait glass or small bowl, layer the yogurt, the strawberries, and the pretzels; repeat.
- Finish up with another dollop of yogurt on top.
- Garnish with a pretzel and a strawberry slice .Dairy Free
- You can use a soy yogurt and a dairy free margarineGluten Free
- Just substitute your favorite gluten free pretzels.