A perfect appetizer for the holidays and a great way to use leftover ham. These Mini Ham & Cheese Balls are great with crackers!
We always have ham for Easter & Christmas. Always. It is pretty much the only 2 times a year that I bake a ham. Then, I bake too much and we eat ham for DAYS!!! LOL We love it though. If you bake too much ham like I do, here is a great way to use some of those leftovers with these yummy Mini Ham & Cheese Balls. They are the perfect little appetizer for those holiday guests.
Mix all of the ingredients except for the nuts in a large bowl.
Use a cookie scoop or a spoon to get a create meatball sized cheese balls. Roll them into the chopped nut mixture and coat them evenly. Place them on a parchment lined pan and into the fridge to chill until you are ready to serve.
You can serve these on a platter with a tray of crackers. I love that they are in perfect little individual servings.
Mini Ham & Cheese Balls
- ¾ cup ham diced
- 8 ounce package of cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ⅓ cup onion diced
- 1 cup mixed nuts chopped
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- flat leaf parsley
- Line a small cookie sheet or similar pan with parchment paper. Pulse mixed nuts in a food processor 5 - 6 times, or more if you want a finer blend. Spoon processed nuts into a bowl. Set aside.
- Into a large bowl combine ham, cream cheese, shredded cheese, diced onion and spicy brown mustard. Mix well into all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Using a ¼ measuring cup, scoop cream cheese mixture into the palm of your hands. Wearing latex gloves is a must, roll mixture into a ball. Repeat until finished. This should make 7 - 8 balls.
- Place each one on the parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- One by one place a cheese ball into processed nut mixture using a spoon or your fingers press coating into cheese ball mixture. Coat evenly. When finished place Mini Ham Cheese Balls into the refrigerator to chill.