This is one of those desserts that is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! They take a little bit of work to make the cookies, but they are so worth it! I have been slaving in the kitchen making a huge mess because I attempted a gluten free version first. We discovered the gluten free sugar cookies crumble and break instead of bending. So, Gluten free version went in a bowl.
Then I moved onto good ole’ stick to the roof of your mouth Sugar Cookies. While they are still warm shape them in your hand like a taco shell. Allow them to cool and then I filled them with Ice Cream, and chopped fruit. A chocolate sauce drizzle topped them off. You could use Cool Whip instead of ice cream and any type of topping you prefer. These are really simple, and will wow any crowd!
Sugar Cookie Tacos
These Dessert Tacos will wow any crowd
- 1 1/3 Cup AP Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Chopped fruit
- Ice Cream or Cool Whip for filling
- Chocolate Sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a mixer beat softened butter and sugar until creamy
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until incorporated.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Allow cookies to cool for 1-2 minutes on cookie sheet.
- Delicately Shape each cookie into taco shell shape by hand. Allow to cool.
- Fill with ice cream, and chopped fruit.
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce and serve
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @afewshortcuts on Instagram and hashtag it #afewshortcuts.
I linked at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam