We are celebrating my son’s birthday this week and he is a HUGE Star Wars fan! He is really into everything Star Wars right now so I thought that this Star Wars Kids Stitch Craft was too fun to pass up!
Plus it includes FREE Printable Star Wars Templates for you to download so you can make them too!
What you will Need
- 5.5 x 8.5 Inch Foam Sheets (red, black & white)
- Embroidery Floss (green, yellow & black)
- Plastic Canvas Needles
- Punch Tool (I used a bead reamer but you could use a nail, wooden skewer or anything sharp and pointed)
- Template (Darth Vader Helmet Template ) or (Star Wars Helmets Template)
- Foam Board or Empty Box (as a base when punching holes)
– Place your 5×8 foam sheet on top of your foam board or empty box.
– Place your template on top of your 5×8 foam sheet.
– Using your bead reamer, wooden skewer or nail, punch several small holes along the outside edge and highlights of your template. Be sure to punch hard enough to make it all the way through your 5×8 foam sheet.
– Cut a manageable length of colored embroidery floss for your child to work with.
– Use tape to bind one end of the floss as shown. This will make it easy for your child to thread the plastic needle.
– Have your child tie a knot on the other end of the floss securing the needle to the floss as shown.
– Start your craft by threading the needle from the back of the 5×8 foam sheet. The tape will act as a stopper on the back of the foam sheet.
– Change thread color out for your child as needed.
– Repeat the process for the second and third template and foam sheet.
Go now to download and print your Star Wars Kids Stitch Craft Templates
Love Star Wars?
Check out these Homemade Light Sabers!
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.