Planning a party or just looking for something fun for the kids on a rainy day? Check out this Star Wars Kids Stitch Craft Project!
We are celebrating my son's birthday this week and he is a HUGE Star Wars fan! He is really into everything Star Wars right now so I thought that this Star Wars Kids Stitch Craft was too fun to pass up!
Plus it includes FREE Printable Star Wars Templates for you to download so you can make them too!
What you will Need
- 5.5 x 8.5 Inch Foam Sheets (red, black & white)
- Embroidery Floss (green, yellow & black)
- Plastic Canvas Needles
- Punch Tool (I used a bead reamer but you could use a nail, wooden skewer or anything sharp and pointed)
- Template (Darth Vader Helmet Template ) or (Star Wars Helmets Template)
- Foam Board or Empty Box (as a base when punching holes)
- Place your 5x8 foam sheet on top of your foam board or empty box.
- Place your template on top of your 5x8 foam sheet.
- Using your bead reamer, wooden skewer or nail, punch several small holes along the outside edge and highlights of your template. Be sure to punch hard enough to make it all the way through your 5x8 foam sheet.
- Cut a manageable length of colored embroidery floss for your child to work with.
- Use tape to bind one end of the floss as shown. This will make it easy for your child to thread the plastic needle.
- Have your child tie a knot on the other end of the floss securing the needle to the floss as shown.
- Start your craft by threading the needle from the back of the 5x8 foam sheet. The tape will act as a stopper on the back of the foam sheet.
- Change thread color out for your child as needed.
- Repeat the process for the second and third template and foam sheet.
Go now to download and print your Star Wars Kids Stitch Craft Templates
More Star Wars
- Yoda Soda Printable Labels: Star Wars Party Idea
- Homemade Light Sabers!
- Star Wars Storm Trooper Cupcakes
I am Amanda. Mom to 3 wonderful kids & lots of furbabies. Plus wife to my hubby, David, for 20 years (gosh that makes me sound old). In our house we love to get outside, have family fun, and enjoy all Florida has to offer (Hey, Universal!) We do all of that with a few shortcuts.