Star Wars fans will love this yummy and simple Star Wars Wookie Cookies Recipe. A chewy oatmeal cookie with some chocolate frosting. The perfect addition to a party of movie night!
I was never a big Star Wars fan, but it is funny how life throws you curve balls. My kids LOVE Star Wars! Pretty much everything about it, so when my son asked for a Star Wars Birthday Party I was not shocked at all! I was shocked at how easy it was to make these Wookie Cookies which are way too cute for words!
I started with the simple oatmeal cookie recipe below. It is a great recipe that can be made gluten-free. Once the cookies were completely cooled that is when the fun started.
I just decorated the cookies with a smiley Wookie Face and, of course, an ammo belt. I used chocolate frosting for all of it except for the ammo band. It is chocolate icing with little pieces of white chocolate.
My decorating skills are very limited and I thought that these turned out pretty cute! Not perfect, but I wasn’t going for perfect. I have learned that sometimes my best is good enough. The kids were thrilled with my Star Wars Wookie Cookies so I figured they are a winner!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine (at room temperature)
- 2 eggs at room temperature (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients ; flour, sugars, cinnamon salt, baking soda, and oats.
- Add the butter, beaten egg, and vanilla. Stir until the dough is combined.
- Chill the dough. You can either chill the entire bowl in the fridge for atleast an hour or if you are short on time...Drop the cookie dough by rounded tablespoon on the prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Place the baking sheets in the freezer until firm, about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Once chilled, place the baking sheet in the center of the preheated oven, and bake for about 12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown all over
- The cookies will still be soft to the touch. Judge their readiness by color, not firmness. Remove the baking sheet from the oven, and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet until firm (about 10 minutes). Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once completely cool decorate the cookies with chocolate frosting and white chocolate pieces to look like Wookies.Gluten Free
- Use gluten free Oats and a gluten free flour mix.
Find more FUN Star Wars Recipes & Crafts
- Yoda Soda Printable Labels : Star Wars Party Idea
- Star Wars Storm Trooper Cupcakes
- DIY Homemade Light Sabers ; Star Wars Party Idea
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.