Oh I am in full Fall mode around my house. The pumpkin has entered the building folks! Pumpkin Pie is an all around favorite at my house. My son can’t eat the pie crust because of the gluten. Each year I am tinkering around trying to find a pumpkiny substitute that will fill that need for pumpkin pie. This year I tried Pumpkin Pudding, I added a delicious sweet and salty crunchy topping made with my Sweet Potato Way Better Chips! I swear it was the best idea I had all week, because the taste will knock your socks off. So not, only is this pudding thick, rich, and creamy like pumpkin pie, the topping adds that extra texture and flavor to make this recipe AMAZING!
- 1- 15oz can pureed pumpkin
- 1 can (12oz) evaporated milk
- 1 large box (5 1/10 oz)vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup Way Better Sweet Potato Chips (Crushed)
- ½ Cup chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- In a large bowl mix together the pumpkin, evaporated milk, pudding mix and pumpkin pie spice until throughly blended.
- Refrigerate atleast 5 mins
- In a small bowl mix together the topping ingredients.
- When ready to serve, spoon pudding in bowls, top with whipped cream or cool whip, then sprinkle the crunchy topping.
This pudding starts out with some simple ingredients. A Can of Pumpkin, Can of evaporated milk, and a large box of vanilla pudding mix. Oh, and a little pumpkin pie spice.
Whisk all of the above together. I used my hand mixer. Then place in fridge for 5 mins. It will be thicker than regular pudding, but trust me….it is SO GOOD!
Then, from across the kitchen these beauties caught my eye. If you haven’t tried them yet you need to! You won’t be able to stop eating them!! I knew I wanted to use them so I crushed about 1/2 cup of chips and mixed them with 1/4 cup chopped pecans and 2 tbsp brow sugar…and a dash of that pumpkin pie spice. It makes a great topping for this pudding.
Fast forward to my taste tester, who wasn’t totally convinced pumpkin pudding was going to be good.
After one lick…she was hooked!
I topped the pudding with a little cool whip and my “Way Better” crunchy topping !
At least she let me get a couple pictures before she dug right in!