Today it rained. Not a heavy rain, but enough to make it dreary, cool, and wet the ground. The type of rain that makes you want to curl up on the couch with a good book and just soak up life. The kind of rain that makes you want a warm cookie and a glass of milk. When rain makes me want a cookie, who am I to deny the urge? I went digging in my stockpile and found a bag of Reese's Peanut Butter Chips. Those things are so good, and even better thrown in a batch of chocolate cookies. So with puppies at my feet, and kids running in and out of the kitchen I whipped up a batch of these Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In mixer beat together butter and sugars until creamy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix together dry ingredients (Flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, & salt). Then slowly mix them with the wet ingredients.
- Mix in the peanut butter chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until the cookies are baked.
Follow the directions above and mix the chocolate cookie dough. It is good by itself, but even better with the peanut butter chips!
Drop them by round tablespoonfuls onto parchment lined baking sheet. I use a cookie scoop for this. Has to be one of my favorite kitchen tools! Bake for 10 minutes at 350 F
I am Amanda. Mom to 3 wonderful kids & lots of furbabies. Plus wife to my hubby, David, for 20 years (gosh that makes me sound old). In our house we love to get outside, have family fun, and enjoy all Florida has to offer (Hey, Universal!) We do all of that with a few shortcuts.