I love coffee! Shocker, right?! Starbucks is a weakness of mine that I am trying to avoid for the benefit of my waistline, and my wallet. I do love all of the fancy flavors that they offer. I could buy those Torani Syrups in store or online, which aren’t cheap, or I could my my own! It is so easy, you will be amazed!
First off, I found these cute little Oil Drizzler bottles in the dollar bins at Target. 2 Bottles for $3. Not bad since they are glass! I have heard some dollar trees also carry them, although I couldn’t find them at mine. You can order them online at DollarTree.com
I then made a simple syrup. Equal parts sugar and water in a saucepan on the stove. Simmering for about 10 minutes. I did 1 cup and 1 cup. You can increase or decrease by how much syrup you want to make at once.
Once the simple syrup is done, you can flavor it how you would like. A tsp of caramel ice cream topping, 1 tsp of vanilla extract, mint extract, orange extract…..you get the point. You can basically make them as strong as you would like. I then poured them into these bottles….and labeled.
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- ⅓ cup caramel sauce
- 2 tsp Peppermint extract or 5 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Orange Extract
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Maple Vanilla variation: 3 tablespoons vanilla, ¼ cup maple syrup
- Put sugar and water into a heavy saucepan and bring to gentle boil, stirring often)
- Simmer on low for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cool before putting into a container.
- Stir in the desired mix in to flavor your syrup accordingly
I think they complete my coffee station. What do you think?
I have more Coffee & Keurig Inspired posts. Check them all out!