What is better than a cupcake flavored cup of coffee? How about coffee flavored cupcakes!? Check out this yummy Vanilla Latte Cupcake Recipe with Coffee Buttercream!
My daughter asked me the other day what my favorite food was. Cupcakes, of course! AND, if you give a mom a cupcake, she would like a cup of coffee too, please. What if I could have a cupcake that tasted like coffee?! That is where these Vanilla Latte Cupcakes with Coffee Buttercream come in.
I found this coffee at the store the other day! Dunkin Donuts Vanilla Cupcake from their Bakery Series. Have you seen how many flavors they have lately? You should check out all the yummy Dunkin Donuts Coffee Varieties! This particular flavor inspired me to get down and dirty in the kitchen and see just how we would make these coffee cupcakes come to life.
I took my homemade yellow cake mix and mixed it up with one exception. I substituted half of the liquid for coffee. Simple enough. If you choose to use another cake mix or recipe, just switch out half of the liquid called for, for coffee. Then continue accordingly.
Aren’t they pretty? After they had baked, I allowed the cupcakes to cool while I whipped up the coffee buttercream frosting.
I wish you could smell all the yummy coffee aroma that came from my mixer while I was whipping this frosting. I used the Dunkin Donuts Vanilla Cupcake Coffee brewed for the liquid in my frosting. Oh…my…goodness…gracious! Where has coffee buttercream been my whole life? I am thinking of making it again to put on a chocolate cupcake because life is just too short not to!
A little bit of magic happened and the two beauties combined for a small plate of awesomeness with my afternoon coffee. Seems like the perfect way to unwind after a long day!
This light, fluffy cupcake is so full of coffee flavor without being overpowering. If you like coffee, you will love these cupcakes. I mean, what is not to love?
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 cup Dunkin Donuts Vanilla Cupcake Coffee (Brewed)
- ½ Cup Butter (or dairy free margarine)
- 2 Cups powdered sugar (sifted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp brewed coffee (+/-)
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Prepare cake mix according to instructions substituting half of the called for liquid with brewed coffee. If your cake mix calls for 1 cup of water use 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of coffee in its place.
- Scoop batter into cupcake pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.Coffee Buttercream
- In a mixer beat together butter, sugar, and vanilla. Add in the brewed coffee 1 TBSP at a time until buttercream is at the desired consistency.
- Pipe buttercream on top of cooled cupcakes and dust with some cinnamon if desired.
This post has been sponsored by Dunkin Donuts Coffee. All opinions are 100% my own.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.