I am always looking for something new to try. My son (my pickiest eater) said he saw something on the Food Network with cauliflower….he’d like to try that. Then walked away.
~slowly pick jaw up off floor~
Well, alrighty then. I better make this good. So I combed the internet, my cookbooks, and scoured my brain for the coolest thing I could do with Cauliflower, and I did it. That is where this BBQ Cauliflower Bites came from…and they will shock you with their tastiness.
I gathered my ingredients. I made these gluten free & dairy free, but you could totally use regular flour & milk if you wanted to.
I washed the cauliflower and cut it into florets. Then mixed the milk, flour, & seasoning in a dish. I added a little more milk after this, cause it was just too thick. I blame the gluten free flour. It tends to make things a little thicker.
I then dipped the cauliflower right into the batter and coated it. I put it on a parchment lined baking sheet when I was done. I continued with all of the cauliflower.
Here is my pan of cauliflower before it went in the oven for 20 minutes.
And when it came out.
Now brush that cauliflower with bbq sauce…any kind will do. We used sweet baby rays. Then back in the oven it goes for another 10 minutes or so.
It comes out looking OH SO TASTY! The verdict…..it was gone in under 5 minutes. All of it. I didn’t tell them it was cauliflower at first.
I know, sneaky of me.
But you know what, they didn’t care. They said it was so good, they would eat it anytime I made it. The baked on BBQ Sauce did them in. They were licking their fingers and everything.
I am just going to pat myself on the back for a job well done. Another veggie into the kids, no matter how sneaky I had to be.
- 1 Head Cauliflower (washed & cut into florets)
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp chili powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Whisk milk, flour, & chili powder together in a small bowl.
- Coat cauliflower pieces in flour mixture and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and brush a coat of bbq sauce on each cauliflower piece to coat.
- Return to oven for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Use a gluten free flour mix and bbq sauce
- Use a dairy free milk like almond milk.