What a great low cal appetizer. Try this amazing and easy Zucchini Pizza Bites Recipe. Kids love it!
I am so tickled with this recipe. I know many are trying to keep up with those new years resolutions and the Super Bowl and Bowl Game snacks aren't typically figure friendly....until now. You have to try this Super Easy Zucchini Pizza Bites. They are perfect for Super Bowl, or to get your kids to eat veggies.
How to Make Zucchini Pizza Bites
Gather your ingredients. Most should be in your fridge/pantry, except for the zucchini. I am planning on planting some this year in my garden. They are very easy to grow. 😉
Slice your zucchini into 1/4 inch slices. Toss them with a little olive oil, salt, & pepper in a bowl. Then spread them on a foil-lined baking sheet. Pop them under the broiler for 1-2 mins. Flip them....then back under that broiler for another 1-2 mins.
When you pull them out. Top the Zucchini Pizza Bites just like you would a pizza: a little sauce, cheese, and your fav topping. I used some pepperoni.
Slide them back under the broiler, just until the cheese melts. Serve immediately! YUM!
Use a vegan cheese and make these dairy free. Top with additional veggies instead of pepperoni to make these vegan.
Zucchini Pizza Bites
- 1-2 Zucchini (large, Sliced in 1/4 inch slices)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Pizza Sauce
- Mozzarella cheese (Shredded )
- Pizza toppings of your choice (pepperoni, olives, etc.)
- Toss sliced zucchini with olive oil and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Spread zucchini evenly on a aluminum foil covered pan and place under the broiler for 1-2 mins. Flip the zucchini and return under the broiler for another 1-2 mins.
- Remove the zucchini and top with 1/2-1 tsp of pizza sauce, shredded cheese, and pizza topping.
- Return under the broiler just until cheese is melted.
More Pizza Recipes
- Homemade Pizza Crust Recipe
- Pepperoni Pizza Poppers - low Carb Appetizer
- Gluten Free Pizza Biscuits Recipe
I am Amanda. Mom to 3 wonderful kids & lots of furbabies. Plus wife to my hubby, David, for 20 years (gosh that makes me sound old). In our house we love to get outside, have family fun, and enjoy all Florida has to offer (Hey, Universal!) We do all of that with a few shortcuts.