Classic and Delicious! This Simple Salisbury steak Recipe is ready for the table in minutes! Easy, tasty, comfort food.
Quick, Simple, and Hearty. Whip up this easy Salisbury steak Recipe and have a comforting, filling dinner on the table in a matter of minutes. This flavorful dish is a classic that everyone loves! Added bonus is it can be made allergen friendly with just a couple substitutions.
For this recipe you will need a bowl and a skillet. I prefer a cast iron skillet.
- Ground Beef
- Bread Crumbs (or substitute)
- Gravy Mix
- Worchestershire Sauce
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
Place all of the patty ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Divide the mix into 4 equal parts and form each part into a patty.
Heat 1 tbsp of oil in your skillet (or give it a quick spritz with cooking spray) on medium heat. Cook patties until beef is no longer pink. Adjust temperature to low heat.
Pour gravy mixture, ketchup and worcestershire into hot water. Whisk to combine.
Pour gravy over patties in skillet and allow it to come to a simmer. Add ¼ cup of additional water to the gravy if it becomes too thick, and stir.
Serve and enjoy!
To make this yummy dinner gluten free simple substitute your favorite gluten free bread crumbs. In a pinch I use crushed up Rice Chex and toss in a little garlic salt for seasoning.
Also, check your Worcestershire sauce to ensure it is gluten free.
Finally, use a gluten-free gravy. If you can’t find any at the store, feel free to try this recipe to make your own. It’s so good.
The only place dairy is hidden in this recipe is the gravy ….and possibly the mashed potatoes (but those are a side). Again, Try this homemade gravy mix or your favorite store-bought dairy-free gravy.
No eggs were harmed in the making of this Salisbury steak. Although please check your ingredients to make sure there is no hidden egg.
When it is time to eat this Salisbury Steak is delicious with homemade mashed potatoes and a veggie. Here are some recipes to try.
- Crockpot Mashed Potatoes
- Disappearing Corn & Zucchini Side Dish
- Loaded Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Crockpot Green Beans
Store any uneaten food in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Simple Salisbury Steak recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- ⅓ cup bread crumbs or gluten free substitute
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 packets Brown Gravy Mix
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire
- Add all patty ingredients to a large bowl.
- Use clean hands to combine. Divide the mixture into four balls and flatten into patties.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable or avocado oil in a skillet on medium heat. Cook patties until beef is no longer pink. Adjust temperature to low heat.
- Pour gravy mixture, ketchup and worcestershire into hot water. Whisk to combine.
- Pour gravy over patties in skillet and allow it to come to a simmer. Add ¼ cup of additional water to the gravy if it becomes too thick, and stir.
- Serve warm over mashed potatoes if desired.