Don't be "despicable"! Snag a few simple supplies and make this DIY Minion Christmas Ornament Kids Craft with your kids for the holidays! This post is in partnership with Universal Pictures Home Entertainment.
These mischievous little Minions have put smiles on our faces for years! My kids flipped when we went to go see Despicable Me 3 in theaters so we decided to bring that fun to Christmas with these DIY Minion Christmas Ornaments. Plus Despicable Me 3 Special Edition is now available on Blu-ray & DVD just in time for the holidays!
Despicable Me 3 Special Edition is now available on Blu-ray & DVD
Starting December 5 you can now own the #1 animated comedy of the year, Despicable Me 3 is the ultimate holiday gift with an All-New Mini Movie, Minion Moments and more! Head to Walmart to snag your copy because the Walmart exclusive features a limited time gift set with a super soft, PLUSH Minion backpack. I love this adorable bonus! This makes a fantastic gift!
The characters beloved by everyone – Gru, his wife Lucy, their three adorable daughters—Margo, Edith and Agnes—and the Minions provide hours of family fun in this heartwarming comedy. We have see all of the Despicable Me movies and this one is one of our favorites!
llumination, the studio that brought you Sing, The Secret Life of Pets and the Despicable Me franchise, continues the adventures of Gru and his family in Despicable Me 3. After he is fired from the Anti-Villain League for failing to take down Balthazar Bratt, the latest evil mastermind to threaten humanity, Gru finds himself in the midst of a major identity crisis. But when a mysterious stranger shows up to inform Gru that he has a long-lost twin brother — a brother who desperately wishes to follow in his twin’s despicable footsteps — the former super-villain rediscovers just how good it feels to be bad.
DIY Minion Christmas Ornament
What you need
- string or ribbon
- yellow, blue craft foam
- large googly eye
- black ribbon or craft foam
- hot glue, glue gun
- Begin by cutting out the body of your Minion using the yellow foam. You can do this by cutting out a pill shape and then cutting the bottom half off.
- Cut out the pants of the Minion. Use the blue craft foam and cut out a rectangle that runs the width of the body. Then, cut small squares out of the side as shown to make the piece look like pants.
- Glue your pants to the body of the Minion.
- Now add the strip of black ribbon or felt/foam across the top half of the body to look like eye glasses. Glue a large googly eye over the ribbon. Hold in place until dry.
- Finally, add the ribbon or twine for hanging. Tie a piece into a loop, add some glue, and press to the back of the body.
Hang up and enjoy your DIY Minion Christmas Ornament
I am Amanda. Mom to 3 wonderful kids & lots of furbabies. Plus wife to my hubby, David, for 20 years (gosh that makes me sound old). In our house we love to get outside, have family fun, and enjoy all Florida has to offer (Hey, Universal!) We do all of that with a few shortcuts.