This post may contain affiliate links.
This Loaded Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes Recipe was sponsored by the makers of French’s® through their #RealFlavorsHaveCrunch program. All opinions expressed are my own.
The holidays are here, and everything is so decadent and amazing! All of our food favorites are hitting the table, and I am enjoying every minute of it. There are many people who are trying to eat low carb and the holidays can be especially rough. This incredible Loaded Cauliflower Mashed Potato recipe is perfect to serve if you are watching carbs or not. This cheesy dish with the extra crunch on top is phenomenal!
This recipe is the perfect shortcut because to me it is much simpler than regular mashed potatoes. There is no peeling involved. Just put your cauliflower florets into a pot and steam for about 10 – 15 minutes. You want them tender.
- After your cauliflower is tender now comes the fun part. Drain off any fluid from your pot. Add cheese, sour cream, and milk to your cauliflower along with some salt and pepper. I love adding a little McCormick Garlic Powder too.
- If you have an immersion blender, this is the time to use it. If not, that is ok. You can use a potato masher, food processor, or even your blender to get your “mashed potatoes” to the right consistency.
- Now you are going to spread your Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes in a small casserole dish.
- Top them with additional shredded cheese, chopped bacon, and my favorite French’s® Crispy Fried Onions.
During the holidays, I always have French’s® Crispy Fried Onions. On hand for things like Green Bean Casserole. I feel like they are underappreciated for other things, but they shouldn’t be! French’s Crispy Fried Onions add so much flavor to everything! Mix things up a little and try adding them to your next meal. They are so good when you toss them on top of a salad for some extra crunch and flavor!
Pop that casserole dish under the broiler for just a minute or two to melt the cheese, and you have one UNBELIEVABLE side dish for your next meal. Holiday or not! These Loaded Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes are low-carb, and trust me; you won’t miss them. This potato girl went back for seconds of these Loaded Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes. The creaminess of the cauliflower paired with the crunch and flavor from the French’s® Crispy Fried Onions was absolute perfection!
Loaded Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (divided)
- 2 slices of bacon cooked crispy (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp McCormick Garlic powder
- 1/2 cup French's® Crispy Fried Onions
- freshly ground McCormick black pepper & salt to taste
- Separate the cauliflower into florets and discard the core.
- Bring about 2 cups of water to a simmer in a pot, then add the cauliflower. Cover and turn the heat to medium. Cook the cauliflower for 12-15 minutes or until very tender.
- Drain and discard all of the water and add the milk, butter, sour cream, 1/4 cup of the cheddar cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper and mash with a masher until it looks like "mashed potatoes." An immersion blender works fantastically.
- Spread the Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes in a 1 quart (or small) casserole dish. Top with additional cheese, bacon crumbles, and French's® Crispy Fried Onions.
- Pop under the broiler just until cheese melts. Serve.