The perfect breakfast or brunch dish. This delicious Feta & Roasted Red Pepper Tart Recipe is sophisticated but simple to make! Great for when you are having guests!
In the Spring and Summer it is so nice to invite friends or family over for a breakfast or brunch and sit outside on the patio enjoying the day. Finding the perfect dishes to serve is usually a job for Pinterest. However, this is one of those recipes you print or pin to keep for just an occasion. This Feta & Roasted Red Pepper Tart recipe is sophisticated, but so simple to make! They come out in perfect little individual portions that are perfect for guests!
You only need a handful of ingredients to make these delicious tarts. You can find the tart pans at any home store or even on Amazon. My favorite ones though, are the old tins that you can sometimes find at a local thrift store. They look so rustic and cute.
Also, feel free to get creative with these tarts. Adding a little bit of chopped bacon or prosciutto makes them exquisite!
A little tip for making these for an early morning breakfast. Pre-bake the crusts the night before. In the morning mix up the filling and bake. This cuts back on prep time and helps you get these tasty treats on the table even faster!
Feta & Roasted Red Pepper Tart
- MIni Tart Pans
- 4 oz. Feta cheese
- 4 oz. Roasted red peppers chopped
- 1 box pie crust ready made
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- ½ Onion chopped
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp. thyme Fresh chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees, and grease the inside of six mini tart pans.
- Roll out the ready made pie crust on a floured surface, and divide it into four pieces.
- Line four of the mini tart pans with the pieces of ready made pie crust, and poke a few holes in the bottom of each crust with a fork to prevent air bubbles from popping up when pre-baking. Roll the leftover pie crust into a thin layer, dividing it into two equal pieces, and then use it to line the bottom of the remaining two mini tart pans.
- Bake the mini tart pans in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove them after 5 minutes, and set aside until ready to use.
- Place a tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the chopped onion until they have softened and begin to become translucent.
- Once the onions have softened, add the chopped roasted red peppers to the skillet, and stir until heated through.
- Add a layer of crumbled feta cheese to the bottom of each mini tart pan.
- Place a layer of the cooked vegetables over top of the feta cheese in each mini tart pan.
- Whisk together 5 chicken eggs and pepper to taste in a bowl.
- Add in 1 tsp. fresh chopped thyme to the egg mixture, and stir well.
- Pour the egg mixture into each of the six mini tart pans. Do not overfill.
- Reduce the oven setting to 325 degrees, and bake the mini tart pans on top of a cookie sheet for 30 minutes.
- Let the tarts cool for a few minutes, and serve warm with fresh herbs as garnish.